We hope Friend Zone is a good start, but there are many other sites / books / etc to help. Here is a collection of various different resources which you might appreciate.
Friendship & Relationships
- Living Out – in many ways Living Out is the counterpart to this website but looking at things from a same-sex relationships angle. They cover similar ground but from a different perspective.
- Fight the New Drug – a helpful website about pornography, with practical help for those who want to give it up.
- Spiritual Friendship – ‘musings on God, Sexuality, Relationships’ – a website about friendship from a spiritual perspective.
- Forbidden Friendships – ‘retaking the Biblical gift of male-female friendship’, by Joshua Jones. This is the book which started me off on the journey which led to creating this site.
- Why can’t we be friends – ‘Avoidance is not purity’ by Aimee Byrd (see review on the blog)- a more in-depth look, Biblically and theologically, at male-female friendship.
- True Friendship by Vaughan Roberts – ‘A biblical look at what true friendship is and an encouragement and challenge to achieve it.’ A really helpful short book about friendship.
- Cheap Sex – ‘the transformation of men, marriage, and monogamy’ – if you need a terrifying read about what is going on in society and what the future may look like unless things change, read this book.
- A Better Story by Glynn Harrison – “A critique of the sexual revolution and a presentation of the far superior Biblical vision of sex and relationships”
The Christian Faith & The Bible
- The Christianity Explored website is a great resource with videos about the Christian faith, and you can also find if there is a course running near you. (The Christianity Explored course is excellent and highly recommended for those new to Christianity).
- Phill’s YouTube Channel has lots of content designed for those new to faith.
- … and please don’t forget the most important place is getting involved with a local church! Find a good church near you – do contact us if you need recommendations.